Monday, January 7, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!

I've never made a big deal about new years before, but something seems different this year. 2012 was a tough and big year for my family. So very exciting moments and some really hard items to swallow. 

Liam, my son was born this year, June 2012 -- He has brought a lot of joy to everyone this year and also our family just feels complete with him here. He is now 6 months old, and it went so fast. This year we learned my mom's cancer has returned. 8 chemos later it had moved and grown a mass in another area. Although, the dr said there is nothing else they can do at this point, my mom is doing more chemo starting this month

With every negative there is a positive. I got to see my brother twice this year after leaving for the army. Also, my grandfather visited us from New Zealand in September and my Grandmother is coming to visit from New Zealand this month.


I have a couple resolutions this year. 


1. Start Savings accts for the kids --> Emergencies, Braces (hope not), college. For what ever they need we have the money for it on the spot.


2. Eat Healthier as a family. It's easy to get in a routine and cook fast unhealthy meals as a busy family. But with more planning I hope to change that this year. 


3. Saving's Acct. I'm almost 26 and I've never had a savings acct with actual money in it. So, for the first time we are putting money in savings. I've set up a second direct deposit from my check to go into directly. 


4. Simplify, Enjoy and live life to the fullest this year. 



Happy New Year Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment